How should I care for my Born to Rock jewelry pieces and gemstones?
BORN TO ROCK JEWELRY pieces should be handled with care at all times. Our pieces and stones are delicate and we take no responsibility for careless wear or storage.
How to care for your plated jewelry:
- Keep all plated jewelry away from water (salt, chlorine or fresh). Always remove your jewelry before you shower, exercise or swim. This will make your jewelry plating last longer.
- Preserve your jewelry’s plating properties by avoiding contact with cleaning agents, beauty products and chemicals. Before you put your jewelry on, be sure any lotions, perfumes and makeup are absorbed into your skin.
- Do not use a silver cloth or abrasive compounds on your plated pieces. Use a dry cotton cloth instead, to renew its shine and to remove surface dirt or dust.
- Removing your jewelry before you exercise and prior to bedtime helps to avoid loss or damage.
How to care for your Sterling Silver jewelry:
- Use mild soapy water and a soft brush to remove dirt from your jewelry.
- Sterling silver will tarnish over time, but it will happen much faster when it comes into contact with perfume, salty air, sulphur, skin creams, hairspray, chlorine and acidic skin ph.
- Use a damp cotton cloth to remove surface dirt or dust and store jewelry away from sunlight and heat in a tarnish-resistant pouch avoiding plastic bags, which could contain substances that will make your jewelry tarnish.
- We recommend removing all jewelry before you shower, exercise or swim and prior to bedtime to avoid loss or damage.
Gemstone care guide:
Gemstones have different physical properties and also different reactions when exposed to heat, light, acids, chemicals and scratching.
Most of our gemstones can be cleaned using warm water, mild detergent, a soft brush and a soft lint-free cloth. Do not use chemicals or acids and avoid heat which could also damage the gemstones. Wear with care to protect the stone and its setting. The Born to Rock gemstones are precisely hand cut and carefully set using prongs specially designed to hold them correctly and securely. Please be aware that Turquoise (tint Howlite) and our lab-grown gemstones (Sapphire, Ruby and Peridot) can fade if exposed to high temperatures.